Saturday, November 7, 2009

At Cathy's in Oklahoma

While waiting for my Doctor’s appointment in Livingston I spent 2 days at Lake Livingston State Park. It rained all of the first day, which really messed up the geocaching on the next day. It took me about an hour to clean the mud off of my bicycle – but I did find eight caches in and around the park.

The doctor appointment was for an echo cardiogram and I guess that I’m still alright because the nurse called me to tell me to come back in 6 months, since nothing changed. After the appointment I went to Waxahachie to visit Gary in jail. His spirits are good and I left him a little fund to get more to eat, since they don’t seem to feed him enough. His revocation of probation hearing will be on Nov. 18th, so I will head south then

Arriving in Oklahoma, I started by working on Cathy’s projects – surfacing the driveway up the hill and patching the roof. Since it hasn’t rained yet we don’t know if the patch job was any good. Michelle got rid of the old cars (3) to Pick a Part. Then we put down 2 loads of clay to fill in the big holes in the road and got a load of gravel spread on the top. Hopefully the road fix will hold for a while! It sure is nice going up and down that smooth road now.

Thursday, on our anniversary we went out to Chili's for baby back ribs and battered onions. It was a good time.

In my spare time I have gotten a lot of little jobs done for myself as well - things like installing a new propane changeover regulator system and, of course, geocaching.

No comments: