Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Never say never!

I said I would be a Texan for the rest of my life - never be an Okie. Today I got an Oklahoma drivers licence and became a certified, licenced, Oklahoma resident.

We are getting very close to closing on the house - it may be as soon as Friday. Or it may have to wait until we get back from Indiana/Illinois at the end of the month.

This month has been very hectic, but enjoyable, getting the preliminary things done for the moving process. I rented a storage compartment and have taken all of the excess RV stuff out of the trailer and truck, including my bike. That makes the trailer big enough for the two of us to take the northern trip next week. I have also taken two van loads of the early move in things to the storage shed. That way Michelle will have some minimum items to use when she comes down for a few days to help us with the re-painting of the bedrooms and kitchen. We won't move in until the house is ready for us - probably the end of August.

I am going to look for employment (part time or seasonal) to help support the new life style.

All in all - this is a great adventure in the life of the Vagabond (do I have to give up that nickname? - I don't think so!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will still travel occassionally...the name fits!

Love and Hugs!~