Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back home in Ganado TX

I am back at Lake Texana State Park and back in the ABVM parish in Ganado. I was welcomed home by three of the guys with whom I went on the ACTS retreat. I will spend a month here working at the park helping to set up the new Nature Center. The Labor Day weekend was very busy but the rest of the time has been pretty quiet. My first days off I went to a geocaching meeting in Houston and also visited the Ingurgios. Victor seems to be recovering from his hip surgery just fine. After supper I went to Sara and Matt Spinks to visit. Sara is my granddaughter – David’s daughter. I had never met their family. They have three great dogs – 2 terriers and a black lab. Of course, I was using my new geocaching program to cache along the way! After spending the night at Hotel WalMart, I geocached my way back to Lake Texana via Galveston Island State Park, Mud Island, Freeport, Brazoria, West Columbia, and Bay City. The program is great and I have learned to use my Nuvi to geocache. The project for this weekend is removing two outside walls on the old nature center that are painted with murals and taking the walls to the new nature center where they will be used to fence in a storage area and decorate the back of the building. The man who painted the murals is making new murals on the inside of the building and we are helping him by fitting in some of the taxidermy from the old center. There will be visiting dignitaries from TPWD on the 22nd, so we are all going to have to work hard to finish our part of the move! Monday and Tuesday will be days off again and I will head west geocaching.

No comments: