Saturday, August 29, 2009

Moving on - Heading West

It’s a sad and a happy time for me now. I’m leaving all of my friends at CARE and heading back to Lake Texana State Park, where I will be camp host for at least a month.

The work at CARE has been harder for me this year. I am sure that it is not that the work has been harder – just that I am losing some of my younger year’s energy. Dan Duryea, the volunteer coordinator has done an excellent job of organizing the volunteer job and I appreciate that the job has therefore become easier. The work is the same however and volunteers are scarce these days. We only had 3 teams this month – 5 teams is the desired number. Since the new September teams are now arriving, our team is bidding adieu to the routine and going back to our regular (?) lives.

I have been working feverishly in my spare time to get a program to more easily load my geocaches in both my hand-held and my auto GPS units. A couple of days ago I succeeded and I now have over 470 caches loaded – ready for the Victoria area! I did manage to have enough time to get to a few of the new geocaches in Livingston – but I have to leave a few for next time. I will be returning to Livingston for a cardiologist appointment in late October.

No comments: