Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It was a cold day in...

Yesterday, at about 5:30 I poked my nose out of the sleeping bag and decided that it was too cold to get up. A little after 7 I still felt it was too cold, but nature called. When I got up I discovered that it was only 35 degrees – and that was inside the trailer. The gas was off and of course I heat with gas. Quickly turning on the electric heater (I’m glad I have lots of batteries!) I soon recovered my wits and realized that I hadn’t opened one of the propane valves when I set up a few days ago – and I left the roof vent wide open. Arizona is not all warm. The outside temperature was 28F. After having coffee with the Toles we discovered that their gas was low too. The forecast is that this winter spell is at an end and things should warm up soon. I sure hope so for Arda’s sake – it will be chilly biking over the mountains even if it warms up.

Today after several hours spent on the DSL WiFi and trying to get Arda’s computer fixed, Petra, Arda and I went on a very successful geocaching trip. Here the Girls are at the Wildlife Viewing cache. We found 3 micros and another cache with a Travel Bug (TB) in it. The TB want to go to the Atlantic Ocean. Hey! I’m going there and going caching along the way

The TB is called The Hermitage and every cache that it is placed in the owner says he will donate $5 to the Hermitage Cat Shelter. I emailed him that I could make it expensive and explained about Arda’s trip (see http://www.bike4cancer.com/ for details) and how this could really get expensive for someone. Maybe I will be on a fund raiser too!

I had another technical breakthrough today – I sent my first fax from my computer using a really neat site http://www.faxzero.com/.

No comments: