Thursday, February 28, 2008

It was a very taxing day!

I got up at sunrise. I dropped everything and started working on my taxes for 2007.



Next thing I knew it was sunset and I hadn’t eaten, dressed, or done anything else.




Actually, I’m just kidding. That sunrise picture was the sun coming up over the Chiricahua Mountains and the sunset was directly over the Cochise Stronghold in the Dragoon Mountains What really happened (no kidding) – I had a leisurely morning getting all of my accounts in order using my paperless internet access. Then it was time for lunch. I finished the dishes at about 12:45 and fired up the computer to do the taxes. I used http://www.taxact.com/ freeware. I had e-filed the completed, double and triple checked return at 2:20. At 2:31 I had an email acknowledging receipt of the return. No where was there any fee involved. It was totally free! The software was a lot more user friendly than the “box” products I have used in the past. If you have issues with the questions they ask, you can go to their pay-for program, which is still a lot cheaper than the “box” programs at WalMart, etc. I highly recommend this program for any of you out there that still haven’t gotten with it.

After my mission for the day was accomplished I wrote out my “hunt lists” for geocaching the first four towns of Arda’s Bike4Cancer trip. Reminder: you can see her in training by going to her journal entries on http://www.bike4cancer.com/. And from there you can click on her husband Dave’s blog and see what he is up to at the King Ranch. By the way – I’m expecting you to comment on my postings – otherwise I’ll think no one is reading them. Gee, maybe no on is…..

No comments: