Monday, April 14, 2008

Caching my way through life

Sunday, I woke up early in DeRidder and was at the park to get started on the two caches that I had left yesterday. Then I did another on the road to Opelousas and a whole bunch in that great old town with lots of history. After I cached Washington I spent the night in Simmesport – a cacheless town. On Monday I proceeded to go to Baton Rouge and then on to St Francisville LA. There were caches in the Port Hudson State Park and I also did the complete park tour – very interesting Civil War history. It was the longest battle of the war, ending when the Confederates were starved out. I have now done all but one of the St Francisville caches and the Woman Tours is expected in just after I complete that one. It is another day off for them and there are lots of old antebellum homes to go see. Here I am in front of the Myrtle Plantation home, which even hosts a ghost (so they say).
The tour is staying at two of the old homes and I have arranged to park behind one of them.

No comments: