Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Highs and Lows and Moving on

The river is high – 42.5’ over the normal – almost the highest recorded. The temperature last night was the lowest ever recorded on 4-14 – 36 degrees. Yesterday I visited the grave of President Zachary Taylor’s daughter Ann. She was married to Jefferson Davis, before he was the Confederate President. She died young – 21. The state has made this cemetery a historical site and it has a geocache to entice you to come. Quite a few notable people are buried there in a place apparently seldom visited. Now it is time to move on to better geocaching and some visits that I want to make before going to St. Augustine. I plan to go to the 3 eastern SKP parks, JFK space center, and revisit the places that I worked on disasters in recent years when they are operating normal. Of course, I will have geocaches along the way. After St. Augustine and the end of the Woman Tour, I will head back to Texas and Oklahoma, probably on I-20.

No comments: