Saturday, April 12, 2008

Washington to Washington

A few days ago I left Washington TX. Tomorrow I will be in Washington LA, a suburb of Opelousas. Yesterday I cached out Kountze and stayed the night at the Martin Dies Jr. State Park, so that I could shower and clean up after caching several quite mucky bayous.
Today I cached in DeRidder LA, but I couldn’t finish because it was Saturday at the park and there were too many muggles to complete my last two for the day. Arda and Jan took the traveler’s dispensation from mass, because at 4:15 they had just gotten in from a 92 mile day, and needed to clean up and rest for another long day tomorrow. I went to church alone and stayed the night. I had to move from the back lot, up to the rectory because of the rowdy K of C hall in the back. I will go out early in the AM to get those last two caches. Then on to Opelousas – Mississippi – Alabama – and Florida.

No comments: