Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Out of the desert, into the woods

WEDNESDAY
Well, since I was having so much fun with my tax refund, I decided to spend a little on myself. I have not upgraded my wardrobe since Hurricane Rita. I bought new pants, shirts and ordered boots for pickup in Fredricksburg Friday. I went to St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store to turn in my old pants and picked up a book, a pair of dress pants, and some produce from the market next door. Then I went to the park for the relaxation – all before noon.

MONDAY – TUESDAY
Moving north and east in Texas has brought a great change in weather. It is warmer at night and a lot more humid. More rain grows greener grass, and cactus and yucca are no longer the predominant plants. I have cached my way to Kerrville, and today completed several here. I have an ailing tire on the trailer, so today (Tuesday) I am parked at Discount Tire, for my morning repairs. I walked so many miles on the trails today that I think I will spend the rest of my day tomorrow just laying around at Kerrville Schreiner (used to be a State) Park and taking it easy. Internet will be on the way to the park.

SUNDAY
I did mass and parked in the Sacred Heart parking lot as I had previously arranged. It is a very active friendly parish, making me feel right at home. I cached the city and got in before dark!

No comments: