Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A halt to geocaching

I enjoyed caching with Mary in Wimberley. We had a good Mexican meal while out for the day.

On Sunday, Gary and I attended an AA convention in Pflugerville. I enjoyed the speakers, especially two that happen to share my life as “houseless” Escapees. Monday I cached my way out of Leander stopping at TSC to buy a pair of Justin boots at a muggled cache site. The direct route to Navasota goes through Brenham, home of Blue Bell Creamery. I decided that this would be a good time to become a tourist and take the tour, which ends with a very healthy sample of your choice of 12 flavors. Since the flavor that I wanted to sample was not one of the 12, I went back to the “Country Store” and got a scoop of Peach in Homemade Vanilla for dessert! Continuing on as tourist, I took the tour of Barrington Farm, Anson Jones’ final home near the first capital of the Republic of Texas in Washington. In case you don’t know, Anson was the last president of Texas. The rest of the day was spent in the picnic area, preparing meals for the next week (and, of course, eating one of them). Since I have visited Navasota and Livingston, my next stop, earlier in this season, I have already completed all the caches there. It looks like my caching will take a break until next week after I complete my “doctoring” in Livingston. Since the internet is good here, I will send this out before I go out to look for Dave.

No comments: