Saturday, April 26, 2008

Florida is the sunshine state!

I haven’t had to use my heater since I got to Florida! In Pensacola I went back to Cordova Mall, where I maintained the mobile kitchen during Hurricane Dennis. The Panera Bread manager was the same one that provided the WiFi for the disaster, when the Red Cross was unable to put me online. I have now stopped using the truck as my main means around town. I geocached Pensacola, Crestview, Marianna, Quincy, Crafordville, High Springs and Tallahassee on the bicycle. It is great exercise and it is saving gas money too. I went to Tallahassee because of a serviceman’s travel bug that wanted to go to all of the places he had lived. Now it needs to head to Texas. More and more people are asking about my Casita now that gasoline prices are so high. I am in the Sumter Oaks SKP park near Bushnell, waiting for my mail to arrive. The facilities here are pretty nice – large spaces, and an indoor, heated, swimming pool. Here are some pictures of the park. As you can see, this is the off season in this beautiful park that is usually full in the winter months.











I will post this from the Library WiFi and go visit some more geocaches today (Saturday) when I go to get the mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in the library in St John's FL and just caught up on your blog.

I really want to see a picture of Vagabond Tom on his bike... show us the "beef" - HA!