Friday, April 4, 2008

Little Blanco Road – Blanco County 101

I enjoyed eating with Woman Tours at the YO Ranch Resort Hotel’s Branding Iron Restaurant last night. It was very well prepared and all that I could hope for. And the company (Jan, Dave, and Arda) was excellent too. But I decided that I had spent enough time and money in Kerrville, and the hitch itch was coming on, so I geocached my way to my daughter Mary and Matt’s place in Wimberley. If you ever have a chance to drive Blanco County 101, do it! It is very nice ranch land with a Dutch flavor. The road is narrow and winding, with dips that fill with water when it rains, but I went through with no problem with the Casita and van. There are some very nice ranch homes to see and the scenery is worth going out of the way. You can enter from the road to Fredricksburg, just outside of Blanco and then exit onto Hwy 281 south of Blanco. Here's a picture of my rig parked in front of Mary's front deck.


I ended the day today with 1030 caches. Mary said she would go with me geocaching Wimberley tomorrow.

No comments: