Friday, April 11, 2008

A pleasant detour



I detoured from the Woman Tour’s route and went to Livingston for my “doctoring”. For those who might not know, the headquarters of the Escapee RV Club is Livingston Texas. This is what I consider “home”, so I go here a couple of times a year to get my doctors’ opinions of my health. They cleared me for another 6 months, saying everything is looking good. Now I can get back to the serious things like geocaching my way to Florida. On the way in I stopped at the two rest stops north of Huntsville. They have just been recently opened. They are fabulous! Hiking in the woods trails – the southbound even has a lake! And, of course, the primary reason for the visit was that they both had geocaches. Being on the geotruckers.com list makes them good travel bug places. I traded a travel bug and took the new one to my TB hotel in Livingston.

Accidentally, I came into Rainbow’s End in the middle of the CARE Health Fair and was able to attend the final dinner. It was a great meal and the entertainment – all Escapee – was fabulous. After enjoying the regular Friday morning “big” breakfast, I am now ready to continue on the geocaching trail to Florida.

Here's pictures of the CARE Center and my parking place accross the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on your blog as I have not had internet for a few days.

Glad to here your doctors have a good opinion of you... at least your medical condition - HA!

See you on the road.