Sunday, March 30, 2008

A kilo of caches

Saturday March 29th
With the two caches that I did east of Sanderson, I now have a total of 1000 found. I celebrated by finishing my Swiss Orange Sherbet at dinner time. Then I stopped at Judge Roy Bean’s place, in Langtry, and Seminole Canyon State Park – to see the exhibits. It was a misty day, so I decided to stop at the National Park in Amistad, where I can camp for $2 on my Golden Age Pass.


I spent the rest of the day on the computer – laying out the course for geocaching and church on Sunday. The Woman Tour has their longest day on Sunday – 111 miles.

Sunday March 30th
I cached my way to WalMart, where I loaded up on food, gasoline, $, and other items of need. Then it was time for mass at the church where I am staying for the night.


I spent the afternoon doing some more geocaches and getting to know Del Rio. It is a much nicer town than I had thought from my first impression – riding through on the main highways is not the way to “learn” a town. I think this would be a good place to settle down – if I really wanted to settle down.

No comments: