Thursday, March 27, 2008

2 Days without a link to the world

After Marfa I went to Fort Davis and the Davis Mountain State Park. The park is very nice and I booked a tent site for two nights, because Arda has the day off on Thursday and I found her internet facilities in downtown Fort Davis. Wednesday was the hardest day of the bike tour, according to Michelle who is one of the guides. About 2/3 of the women SAGed in to the lodge. That means they rode in the support and gear vehicles for part of the day. Arda rode the whole 90 (mostly mountain) miles. Here are some of the local rodents. Actually they are spotted peccary, known in Texas as Javalina – they are related to the real ones, but not as vicious.

Thursday I hiked up the trail (1.4 miles, the way I went) to find a geocache and leave a travel bug at 5280 feet. Here are some pictures of the hike and cache.








No comments: