Sunday, March 9, 2008

And They're Off! Friday March 7, 2008

Woman Tours had a nice banquet last night. Today all the riders, family, and friends gathered to say their goodbyes and “Bon Voyages” at Dog Beach, which is on the Pacific Ocean. The riders put their back wheels in the water, had their pictures taken, and then they were off to St. Augustine. For a better account of their trip Arda’s webpage Journal, http://www.bike4cancer.com/ is your best resource. I took the easy way out and did the first three days of their trip by Chevrolet Express. I had a very successful day of geocaching, finding 15 caches in Alpine and Jacumba and trading 1 travel bug. After all of that hard work I thought I deserved a rest in the hot tub. There is a free public hot springs south of Holtville where the water comes out of the ground at about 108 degrees, feeding a shower and two hot tubs. I spent about an hour there and then proceeded to my campgrounds in Felicity CA (pop 2?). There is no WiFi connection here so this post will be made later this weekend when I go to church.










































































































































































































































No comments: