Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It’s a Woman Thing

Yesterday, after getting my tooth fixed and finding a geocache in Mexico, I headed to Blythe CA. I parked across the street from Arda’s hotel, which just happened to be my favorite WiFi spot in Blythe at one of my optometrist’s clinic. I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon reading Harry Potter and waiting in the hotel lobby. Arda was in the third group of women coming in from their ride. In the first group, one of the women tripped on the disabled ramp coming in to the hotel and had to go to the hospital to get stitches. It seems that this was the second emergency trip on the ride already. Arda had gone 91 miles and just wanted to relax, so I went to the office to start on Wednesday’s geocache workup.

Today, Arda spent her time working on her journal for two days and getting together with the other women about where to go out to eat on their day off. I had suggested “Rosita’s” as a source of what I think are the best margaritas in the world. They are made with a specially blended “margarita wine” and I always make sure I get one when I am in Blythe. The group of 30 women on the “Woman Tour” seems to really be bonding and they really didn’t want any men along, so I spent the rest of my day doing more geocache workup and writing this blog.

Tomorrow I will be geocaching Arda’s trail of two cities (Salome & Wickenburg AZ) and end up at the SKP Park “North Ranch” in Congress. The caching is great in this nice warm weather. Yesterday was 85/53, and today was /54. Of course, tomorrow I am heading into mountains, so it will not be quite as warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids and I found our first geocache while rving in Blythe two years ago. We are smcpeaknkids and we are in surprise AZ

Love your blog